Sunday, July 23, 2006

The Rainbow in the Sky to show God's Promises are True!

God is good...Indeed He is. I cant help but be filled with so much thanksgiving for all the blessings and lessons the Lord has brought me through in my life.

There are so many things in my life to give thanks for. My family, my dearest bros and sisters in Christ (u know who u r), my dearie frens, education, work etc. N yes of cos, there are also many many trials and tribulations many more than expected sometimes, but at the end of day, I'm a child of God, and being able to walk my life with Christ as the centre is something that is so precious, yet much taken for granted many times.

I've let God take the back seat in my life many times..and especially recently, amidst work friends and fun, I've almost forgotten Him. Especially on good days...where I feel that my own strength is sufficient to lead me through. =( I feel so guilty and so unworthy. But Praise God, everytime such dry spots happen in my life, He always seem to place circumstances and occurences and dear brothers and sisters to shake me and wake me up all over again.........

I remember last year when I ws going thru this very bad patch in life where I was depress all the time over every single thing possible, the Lord spoke to me very clearly in His amazing ways. I rem at that time, I was having problems in many aspects of my life and felt totally exasperated and frustrated at everything. Then come one fine day, I was driving along the road with my mum next to me to Esther's house for a gathering with the dearies. Suddenly, I saw this rainbow rite in front of my eyes and was just awed and quickly told my mum to help me to take out the camera from the car drawer (yes the camera happened to be in the car) and I just stopped along the side of the road without much hesitation and starting snapping pictures of the rainbow. That was it, I didn't think much about it and went on that evening to enjoy the company of my loved ones at Esther's house.

That nite when I came home, I downloaded the pictures from the camera and as I opened up the photo, I was shocked. There was a cross in the foreground of the picture (below). When I was taking the photo from the car, I did not even notice that there was a church there and such a huge cross there. The Rainbow and the Cross reminded me of the story of the Noah's ark. Where a rainbow represents GOd's promises to us. It seems so so clear that the Lord is saying that He is there and will always be there. Whether we want a deeper relationship with Him is really up to ourselves. Today, we sang the Rainbow Song at Solid Rock..Though it's a really simple action song, I love the song for its simple message. God's Promises are unchanging and He is an unchanging God.

'I am the vine, you are the branches. If a man remain in me and I in Him, He will bear much fruit. Apart from me, you can do nothing' John 15:5

This time that I feel dry and far from God, He has once again shook me by placing people in my life to remind me of my walk with the Lord. N especially placing me in a group led by Eng Kwang to begin the Master Life series. I m really amazed at the Lord's perfect timing. I'm NOT going to let this empty life without Christ as the focus to continue. I truly pray with the help of the Master Life series, I will be more disciplined and will do my quiet time consistently. Let's encourage one another to press on and run the good race for our Lord!! Amen?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home