Wednesday, March 22, 2006

GOD Is AMAZING...AWESOME...WONDERFUL...

Our God is an awesome God
He reigns on heaven and earth!!!

=) I just wanna praise the Lord for watever has happend over the past month....
He's truly a faithful God......

Before I go into the details...I'm a little sad...COS..I cannot upload any pictures onto blogspot at all! Is anyone having the same problem these days??? I have so many pictures to share...but cant due to this prob. (which is why my blog was a little dead. Wanted to wait for blogspot to get normal again so i can post pics and blog. But well, I have waited for 3 days but still....cant work!!)

Nm its fine..I shall just use words here....

ANYWYAS, the past 2 weeks was..BLAST BLAST BLAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Firstly, I had 3 job offers last week. Can you believe it? I cant. I only believe that the Lord is at work all these while. The week before last, I was just telling Na that I feel so so so drained and tired preparing for interviews and going for interviews. N it didnt help that there was much to complete at work too and had some little probs with a close family member. So well, i was getting demoralised and depressed. But Praise the Lord for my very supportive bros and sisters and also my colleagues, I did not fall into too deep a depression.

N just as I was reaching my pits. The Lord's hands saved me. *POOF*, 3 job offers, within a week!!!! N they are all great job offers! N thereafter, of cos, came the confusion!

*Which offer should I take??*

Well, one of the offers, I knew i definitely would not take. So it was just btw the other 2, both in banking and both were offering me the same remuneration. Joining the banking industry has always always been something I wanted to do. N the Lord gave me 2 (Bank A and Bank B)!!!

Initially, i was really really confused. I received the Bank A offer on Wed nite, 11.20pm and Bank B, the next day (Thurs) 11.50am. N on Thursday, I practically could not work. I was on the phone almost the whole day. Talking to anyone and anybody I can possibly talk to to advise me on the situation. Slowly but surely, the fog cleared. It seems that Bank B was the obvious choice at the end of the day!!! Frankly, it felt quite 'sayang' to have to reject Bank A. Simply cos, the interviews and all were a little more rigorous than Bank B. I had to go thru an assessment centre day from 7.30am to about 3 in the afternoon!! It was pretty stressful but i had fun! So well, rejecting Bank A was really a pity.

But well, after talking to many pple....I came to a conclusion that working in Bank A would mean more hours n more stressful n may have to work on weekends. Whereas at Bank B, i somehow had the assurance that I do not have to work on weekends (the boss herself told me). In addition, Bank B provides much better training than Bank A. More training means more investment in the human capital of the firm, which I believe is critical. Also towards the end of the day, everyone i spoke to really very firmly told me BANK B. Go for it.

It was so clear.....I prayed abt it the whole time, n somehow, received quite a few confirmations that yes it's Bank B. The last person I spoke to, someone senior n respected in the banking industry, said immediately, " Of cos it's Bank B". N ta da, I had the final answer. Bank B!!

N YES. I SIGNED the contract Today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Finally. Putting down that signature on that piece of paper meant a lot...a lot to me. It makes me think again and again, about how the Lord has led me thru, the wilderness and thru the dessert, till today. N the timing is perfect. it iss perfect. From the day I resigned till now. I'm going to start work in mid April n I have 4 days rest after my mission trip before I start work.

Everything was and is planned. Amazing huh?

P.s: About 15th March, I had 2 job interviews and an offer late at nite at 11.20pm as above. It was thus truly a day to remember.

For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future....I have loved you with an everlasting love; I have drawn you with loving-kindness. Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know. Jeremiah 29:11;31:3b;33:3

Secondly, I had so much fun with ESSR again as usual! Went out to celebrate AShie's birthday! Yes she's 2X!!! Haha dun wanna reveal her age here. We went to esplanade area!!! N well, she got a free ice cream from an ice cream man cos it was her bdae!!! hahaa.
I wanted to buy an ice cream from the uncle but as he was closing, he didn't wanna sell. But he's just willing to give Ashie a free ice cream!! so Cute!! But well, I met another uncle along the way who agreed to sell me ice cream! He ended up singing and singing to us! hahaaa
N later on...b4 every1 knew it..Ash, Diya n I had ice cream ALL OVER US!!!!!!! We were smearing ice cream on one another! hahaa..it was fun..but tts not the worst
We bot a mango cake for ASh's birthday, and she blew her candles out at the Merlion. So all of us were happily eating the cake n there was ONE slice left...n guess where it went...MY POOR FACE (which already had ice cream on it)!!
Thanks to Xiao Di and Ash!!!!!!!!!!! bleh..haha

Thirdly...I had soooooooooo much fun with my colleagues!!!!!!!!!!! Sigh...i dunno where to start..But I'm really gonna miss them!!! We went to SEntosa Jazz by the Beach on Sat. Spent the whole evening soaking ourselves in JAzZ...n.....CHIPS!!! hahaha. We were eating n munching on chips like there's no tomorrow! N also had fun playing a little volley and frisbee before sunset.
It was a great lovely evening. N we were entertained by this really cute toddler, Lios (caucasian). We were throwing the volleyball back and forth with him!
N of cos, we were very very much entertained by this lady in her....early 60s? She was wearing this gym sports bra and short tights n dancing the WHOLE NITE THRU!! Well, we were seated on the ground n there she was, sashaying around thru the tables in her midriff and tight shorts. My Goodness...what Confidence! or should I say Overt Self Belief? There's a really thin line btw the 2. She even managed to 'hook up' this young chap (who happened to be one of my colleagues' sister's fren) to dance with her! hahaa...

My colleagues and I also had fun just hanging out with one another..We watched V for Vendetta last nite! I will really miss them. =(
Sigh...today was Wenhui's last day. the wholel Dow team was so sweet, they came back to the office to have a farewell lunch with her and to say their 'last' goodbyes. Sigh....she teared..Seeing her tear made me wanna tear. I'm a pretty emotional person. I'm just praying I will leave the company strong next Friday. From now till next Friday, working without Wenny will be really different! I'm the only senior from my batch in the Dow team now!! But I'm gonna make full use of these final 8 days with my colleagues and try my best to spend as much time with them as possible.......Missing u guys.............

Fourthly, I had so much to learn last Wednesday at this reenactment of "The pASsover Feast" organized by the Tung Ling Bible College. Thanks Soot for inviting me there!! It was amazing! I learnt a lot. Everything single little thing done at "The Passover Feast" has it meanings. Even where Jesus was seated, where Peter was seated, the way they were seated (reclining twds their left) etc have its meanings. Really interesting!!!

Fifthly, had a Solid Rock meeting abt the launch of our theme this year "It's Fishing Time!" It was great fun discussing with ESSR and committee members abt the program. Thank God it's taking shape now. Pray the Lord will give JOy and I the wisdom to come up with the script!!=0)

Well, there are so many other things I wanna thank God for......The past 2 weeks was a blast...N it can only BLAST on more from now...with the preparation n fund raising for the mission trip coming up, planning of the music training, clearing up and handing over of my work, finalising Fishing Time etc etc etc. Looking forward to it!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home